Welcome to the Office of Diversity and Inclusion at Loyola University New Orleans. At the heart of Loyola’s mission as a Jesuit institution is our commitment to being a place where all students, staff, faculty, and guests feel welcome, inspired, and supported. We work to achieve this every day and across all areas of the institution, because that is what it means to us to be “people with and for others.” We strive to foster a spirit of mutual recognition and support—to be a community in which all people can thrive.
Learn more about diversity and inclusion at Loyola by exploring this website and by visiting our office in Bobet 110. And please feel free to join our efforts! You belong here.
This plan calls for our university to fulfill the promise found in Loyola’s mission that “welcomes students of diverse backgrounds and prepares them to lead meaningful lives with and for others; to pursue truth, wisdom, and virtue; and to work for a more just world.” The plan calls for the university to focus activities on four overarching strategies to cultivate a learning-centered community:
• dedicated to a high-quality, experiential, and values-based education.
• devoted to students’ discovery of their career and a life of service.
• infused by the cultures and traditions of New Orleans.
• rooted in the Jesuit and Catholic mission of the University.
Loyola University New Orleans, a Jesuit and Catholic institution of higher education, welcomes students of diverse backgrounds and prepares them to lead meaningful lives with and for others; to pursue truth, wisdom, and virtue; and to work for a more just world. Loyola University New Orleans is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion by sustaining a university-wide commitment to implement a multi-faceted, comprehensive diversity program that will accomplish the following goals:
• We work to advance diversity and inclusion as core strategic priorities in planning.
• We strive to create more inclusive student enrollment efforts and more supportive retention strategy for students of color.
• We strive to create an inclusive learning and work environment through teaching, research, creative activities, and service, the faculty, in cooperation with the staff, strives to educate the whole student and to benefit the larger community.
• We strive to promote thinking critically and acting justly, providing students with the opportunity to embody the Ignatian ideals of faith, truth, justice, and service.
• By capitalizing on our diversity Loyola University New Orleans promotes and produces greater learning outcomes and better prepares students for an increasingly diverse workforce and multicultural society.
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion will collaborate with organizations on campus to provide impacted parties of bias a safe, secure and confidential avenue to be heard and supported. If you would like to participate in this effort, send a brief email to Sybol Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org
This report form is for the use of current students, faculty, staff as well as Loyola University New Orleans community members. Please provide detailed information regarding the bias incident you are referring. A bias incident is an act of discrimination, harassment, intimidation, violence or criminal offense committed against any person, group or property that appears to be intentional and motivated by prejudice or bias. Such are usually associated with negative feelings and beliefs with respect to others race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age social class, political affiliation, disability, veteran status, club affiliation or organizational membership.
FILL OUT FORM
This form is used to report information necessary to initiate an investigation of alleged discrimination, harassment, sexual or gender-harassment, domestic or dating violence, stalking or retaliation pursuant to the the Student Code of Conduct. You should complete the Title IX Report Form to submit a concern regarding one of the aformentioned alleged violations.
FILL OUT FORM